1. FIRE - If you discover a fire, operate the nearest fire alarm call point or, if no alarm is provided, shout “FIRE”.
2. If you hear the fire alarm, leave the building by the nearest available escape route and go to your assembly area. Lifts must not be used in the event of fire, unless designated as a fire evacuation lift.
3. In the event of a fire or other serious incident requiring the attendance of the Fire and Rescue Service:
(1) Dial the Emergency Number 119
(2) State your name, location and telephone number. Supply any details of the location and the nature of the emergency which they may request.
(3) Wait for confirmation that your message has been understood.
(4) If possible, arrange for someone to be at the main entrance to the building, to show the Fire and Rescue Service the way to the incident.